Management activities are on-going, horizontal issues throughout the NutraMara work programme. The project is lead by the Director, Declan Troy who is based at the Teagasc Food Research Centre, Ashtown, Dublin 15.Declan has vast experience in managing projects and is also currently the coordinator of the FP6 research project ProSafeBeef Food-CT-2006-36241.
A recruitment drive is currently underway to hire a full-time NutraMara Programme manager. However, Dr Maria Hayes has managed the scientific part of NutraMara since hired by Teagasc in October 2008.
Each work package of NutraMara is managed by the PI. The PIs of each work package are:
- Work package 1: Prof. Mark Johnson, NUI Galway.
- Work package 2: Dr Nigel Brunton, TEAGASC, Ashtown.
- Work package 3: Prof. Paul Ross, TEAGASC, Moorepark.
- Work package 4: Dr Joe Kerry, UCC.
- Work package 5: Dr Emeir McSorley, UU.
- Work package 6: Declan Troy, TEAGASC, Ashtown.
- Work package 7: Dr Maria Hayes, TEAGASC, Ashtown.
Scientific advice is provided by the International Scientific Advisory Board. The management structure is shown in the about section of this website.